Essentials After Admission
Excited to be an Sr-ite and walk along the beautiful curving corridors that incite awe from those who make it and envy from the other, lesser mortals?
For every newbie or fuccha as first years are popularly called, the first few days are reserved for every little exploration of the college and simply enjoying the unhurried couple of days after making it to the best commerce college in the nation.
Poora haq banta hai enjoy karne ka, flaunt karne ka aur super proud feel karne ka, but you should adhere to the deadlines when it comes to the following so that you don’t have to repent later as defaulters and stand outside the administrative office or the library, waiting to get your affairs in order when others in your group are gobbling mouth watering burgers at BYD (that’s the coolest eating outlet in Hudson Lane, by the way )
As soon as you begin to settle into the college routine, make sure the following essentials are taken care of:
1) ID card: Remember that the guard who waved at you is amicable and jolly but will surely check your id card on the fifth day. If you think you are kewl enough to walk in, pretending to be lost in the gaana that plays against your eardrum, well, dobara socho. The guards are way smarter than you! So, don’t forget to collect your ID card from the administrative office within the first few days. This ID is proof that you belong to the best of the best pupils across the country. Be proud to own it, and flaunt it
2) Time Table: In case you miss the Induction Day because of a delayed train or a similar issue, you can always get to know your section and collect the time table from the staff room on the first day itself. Revised soft copies of the timetable can be obtained easily from the college website: www.srcc.edu. No bahanebaazi will be accepted by some khadoos professors! We aren’t taking names, but bolna mat warning nahi di thi 😛
3) Wi-fi password : Want to download your favorite sitcoms or access the web at lightning speed anytime, anywhere in the campus? (SRCC has inarguably the best infrastructure in the entire campus) Don’t forget to take your wi-fi password at the earliest from Computer Lab 1 just adjacent to the Seminar room and save your money on exorbitant net packages. Nobody ever said no to free wi-fi 😛
4) Library card: You might not be the typical book worm and issue the reference books in the first week but it’s always better to apply for and collect your library card at the earliest. You might find an interesting book later on, during exploration. Also, a word of caution: You cannot get a clearance from the library without a library card. The clearance is essential if you hope to obtain your admit cards to sit for the semester exams: P
5) Original documents: The college authorities require the original documents for verification and identification but that doesn’t mean they will keep them permanently. You can always collect the documents whenever you happen to reach college early or have a little time before the next lecture within two months of the first semester. You might occasionally face the wrath of the administrative authorities if you happen to go too late, in addition to wasting your constructive time.
- The Achiever’s Account: KhasInterview With Pratyush Jain - February 3, 2016
- Necessity Is The Mother Of Invention - January 21, 2016
- MarkSoc Extravaganza - October 8, 2015
- STRIKING THE CHORDS WITH THE CHAMPIANO- MRITUNJAY SHARMA - October 5, 2015
- Speech Day’15 - September 10, 2015
- DU POLL SURVEY - September 5, 2015
- Chit Chat With Freshers - September 4, 2015
- Team 2014 - July 26, 2015
- Deciphering a Genius!! : Hardik Wadhwa - July 22, 2015
- Scholarships Awarded At SRCC - July 19, 2015