‘Shri Ram College of Commerce’ is a premier and prestigious institution which is known for its vision of fostering excellent and quality education in the fields of Business and Economics. With the intent to motivate meritorious students and with an urge to aid the needy, the college awards merit – based, need-based and need-cum-merit based scholarships to the deserving pupils.
Here is a brief account of the same:
MERIT BASED SCHOLARSHIPS
- SULTAN CHAND TRUST SCHOLARSHIPS: – Scholarships of ₹500 p.m. are available to the topper of B.Com (Hons) first year and second year, if they secure 75% marks or more in their previous University examination in the first attempt.
- MITSUBISHI UFJ FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP: – Mitsubishi UFJ Foundation, Japan awards scholarships of US $ 420 each to 12 undergraduate students. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of marks secured in the preceding two semester examinations in the previous year and the performance in the interview conducted.
- ENVISIONS SCHOLARSHIPS :-
One scholarship of ₹ 18,000 p.a. is awarded to a student of B.Com (Hons.) III year for topping the II year. In case of a tie between students, it will be given to the one who has scored higher aggregate marks in the preceding qualifying/ Board examinations. The scholarship is funded by the corpus provided by Envisions, a heritage foundation.
- ALL INDIA ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIPS :-
The University holds a competitive examination in the month of October each year for the award of 50 All India Entrance Scholarships of ₹ 250 p.m., tenable for three years, for pursuing a course of Study for an Honours Degree in this University.
NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIPS
- PREM HANDA MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP :-
One scholarship of ₹ 12,000 p.a. is awarded to a B.Com (Hons.) III year student on need basis. Scholarship is funded from the corpus provided by Smt. Harshi Handa in memory of her husband, Shri Prem Handa.
- KANAHYA LAL DAYAWANTI PUNJ SCHOLARSHIP
One scholarship of ₹12, 000 p.a. is awarded to a B.Com (Hons.) II Year student on need basis. Scholarship is funded from the corpus provided by Pt. Kanahya Lal Dayawanti Punj Charitable Society.
- SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SC/ST STUDENTS :-
These scholarships are awarded by the Directorate of Education, Government of Delhi, to bona fide Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe students. Certificate of caste and of parents’ income, duly attested by a competent authority must accompany the Application form.
MERIT-CUM-NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIPS
- SRCC STUDENTS UNION SCHOLARSHIP
One merit-cum-need scholarship of ₹ 12,000 p.a. is awarded to a second year student of B.Com (Hons.) / B.A. (Hons.) Economics. The merit and the need aspects will be considered on 50:50 weightage basis.
- SRCC ALUMNI ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
A merit-cum-means scholarship of ₹ 500 p.m. is awarded to a student of first year class, to be continued every year during his/her stay in college , provided he/ she secures at least 60% marks in the preceding university examinations.
- KPMG SCHOLARSHIPS
K.P.M.G. Foundation awards scholarships on need-cum ₹ 12,000 to ₹30,000 p.a. based on the criteria laid out.
- MANOJ KUMAR MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
It is a merit-cum-need based scholarship of ₹6,000 p.a. awarded to a B.Com (Hons.)III year student. The weightage is as mentioned: – NEED=60% & MERIT=40%.
- B. GUPTA MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
It is a scholarship of ₹ 1,000 p.m. to be awarded to a B.Com (Hons.) I year student with parental income not exceeding ₹2,00,000 p.a.
- S. GREWAL MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
One need-cum-merit based scholarship of ₹ 6,000 p.a. is awarded to B.Com (Hons.) II year student who has secured at least 65% marks in previous University Examination.
All the deserving students should be vigilant enough about these scholarships and should try their level best to reap the benefits of the same!!
- The Achiever’s Account: KhasInterview With Pratyush Jain - February 3, 2016
- Necessity Is The Mother Of Invention - January 21, 2016
- MarkSoc Extravaganza - October 8, 2015
- STRIKING THE CHORDS WITH THE CHAMPIANO- MRITUNJAY SHARMA - October 5, 2015
- Speech Day’15 - September 10, 2015
- DU POLL SURVEY - September 5, 2015
- Chit Chat With Freshers - September 4, 2015
- Team 2014 - July 26, 2015
- Deciphering a Genius!! : Hardik Wadhwa - July 22, 2015
- Scholarships Awarded At SRCC - July 19, 2015